Install IIS on Windows Server 2012 by using the UI
- On the Start page, click the Server Manager tile, and then click OK.
- In Server Manager, select Dashboard, and click Add roles and features.
- In the Add Roles and Features Wizard, on the Before You Begin page, click Next.
- On the Select Installation Type page, select Role-based or Feature-based Installation and click Next
- On the Select Destination Server page, select Select a server from the server pool, select your server, and click Next.
- On the Select Server Roles page, select Web Server (IIS), and then click Next.
- On the Select Features page, note the preselected features that are installed by default, and then select the following additional role services:
- ISAPI Extensions
On the Web Server Role (IIS) page, click Next.
On the Select Role Services page, note the preselected role services that are installed by default, and then click Next.
You only have to install the IIS 8 default role services for a static-content web server.
On the Confirm Installation Selections page, confirm your selections, and then click Install.
On the Installation Progress page, confirm that your installation of the Web Server (IIS) role and required role services completed successfully, and then click Close.
To verify that IIS installed successfully, type the following into a web browser:
You should see the default IIS Welcome page..