Getting Outlook Meeting Reminders In Focus, Over Other Applications ….
- Create a Digital certificate for later
- Hit Start and type ‘certificate’, select ‘Digital Certificate for VBA Projects’
- Enter a name for your certificate as “OutlookReminder”
- Open Outlook and hit Alt + F11 to start the VBA editor.
- In the tree on the left, expand ‘Microsoft Office Outlook Objects’ and double click on ‘ThisOutlookSession’
- Paste in this code, modifying the text in quotes to suit your preferences. Leave the quotes in.
Private Sub Application_Reminder(ByVal Item As Object)
If TypeOf Item Is AppointmentItem Then
MsgBox “You have a meeting ….”, vbSystemModal, “Meeting Reminder”
- Sign the Macro so it will run by going to Tools > Digital Signature… and choosing the certificate you created “OutlookReminder” earlier
- Close the VBA window
#There are TWO basic Rules for success. “Never Tell Everything You Know” and “Never Tell You Know Everything”