Compatible with other major office suites, Apache OpenOffice is free to download, use, and distribute. Download it now, and get:
- Writer a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
- Calc a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyse, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
- Impress the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within Apache OpenOffice.
- Math lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
Why Apache OpenOffice?
Apache OpenOffice is synonymous with quality
- the roots of Apache OpenOffice go back twenty years, creating a mature and powerful product
- hundreds of thousands of users participated in the beta testing of version 3
- independent reviewers around the world have recommended the product
- with a fully open development process, Apache OpenOffice has nothing to hide – the product stands or falls on its reputation
Apache OpenOffice is easy to use
- the software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone who has used a competitive product
- it’s easy to change to Apache OpenOffice – the software reads all major competitors’ files
- few language barriers – if it’s not yet available in your language, the chances are it will be soon
- Apache OpenOffice is supported by a global community of friendly volunteers, only too happy to provide assistance to newcomers and advanced users alike
Apache OpenOffice is free software
- you may download Apache OpenOffice completely free of any licence fees
- install it on as many PCs as you like
- use it for any purpose – private, educational, government and public administration, commercial…
- pass on copies free of charge to family, friends, students, employees, etc.
Apache OpenOffice is standards compliant
- certified by OSI as open-standard compliant, and the first software package in the world to use OASIS OpenDocument Format (ISO 26300) as its native file format.